Girl touches power pole after rain, dies in Pune

PUNE: A 10-year-old woman was electrocuted on Monday evening after she unintentionally touched an electrical energy pole outdoor her space at lane No. 29 in Janata Vasahat.

The incident passed off around five.30pm when Gauri Ashok Shilimkar came out of her space to play after a spell of rain. As soon as she touched the electrically charged pole, Gauri were given caught to the pole.

Rajan Khedkar, a resident of Janata Vasahat, who attempted to rescue Gauri, told TOI, “I used to be driving my scooter, when I heard a commotion close to lane No. 29. I finished after noticing just a little woman caught to the electrical energy pole. She was quivering.”

Khedkar left his scooter and rushed to her help. “I appeared for a wooden stick in order that I could separate her from the pole. As the pole was electrically charged, it was no longer possible for me to the touch the girl,” Khedkar said, including that he discovered a small stick and managed to pull her back.

He took the girl on his scooter to a nearby health center. “Unfortunately, she was pronounced useless on arrival,” Khedkar said.

Assistant inspector Nandkumar Kenche of the Dattawadi police, who too reached the spot, contacted the Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (MSEDCL) place of business and asked the officers to bring to an end the facility supply to the area. “We have registered a case of accidental dying,” Kenche said.

Senior inspector Devidas Gheware of the Dattawadi police said, “We will sign in an offence for causing dying due to negligence against the MSEDCL officers. We may even help the girl’s parents in getting compensation.”

An MSEDCL officer, who was at the spot on Monday, said Rs20,000 have been given to the girl’s family as preliminary help. “We will initiate the process of compensation,” he said.

Every day, Gauri used to play at the similar spot with four youngsters from the neighbourhood. “On Monday morning, the four youngsters left for his or her native place. Else, the tragedy may have been worse,” a neighbour said.

He said wires dangled from many poles within the neighbourhood. “Every family in Janata Vasata has electrical energy meter, but dangling wires are reasonably dangerous. About three months ago, any other minor woman, Arya Ganesh Sapkal, from Janata Vasahat was electrocuted whilst taking part in close to her space.”
Girl touches power pole after rain, dies in Pune Girl touches power pole after rain, dies in Pune Reviewed by Kailash on April 17, 2019 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.