Gzb: Man, 55, dies in fire, narrow escape for 40

GHAZIABAD: A 55-year-old guy died while his son suffered burn injuries looking to save him when an electric twine within the basement of a three-storey building caught fireplace and the flames unfold quickly to the top flooring in Loni on Saturday evening. Most of the households were asleep when the hearth broke out within the basement, which is used as a parking space for two-wheelers.
Seven motorcycles parked there have been decreased to cinders. The deceased has been recognized as Sunil Sagar, an auto motive force, while his son Rohit (22) is a courier boy. Rohit, who suffered burns within the limbs and chest, has been admitted to GTB Hospital. The family lives in a flat on the first-floor of the building.

The building, constructed on two adjoining plots, has 24 one-bedroom flats, of which 17 are occupied. Residents stated there have been round 40 people within the building when the hearth broke out.

“Smoke unfold quickly throughout the stairwell into the top flooring because the motorcycles caught fireplace. Those dwelling on the first and 2d flooring rushed to the terrace and crossed over to the adjacent building, which shares its wall with our condominium. A family of 4 used to be trapped inside a ground-floor flat because the blaze used to be most intense near their doorway. They sprayed water on the flames, but to no avail. Neighbours rescued them after breaking the grille of their balcony,” stated Gaurav Sharma (32), an accountant who lives on the second floor.

Residents of the building and neighbours had rushed to assist before the hearth tenders may arrive. Atul Mishra, a pharma corporate employee, stated Rohit used to be injured while looking to save his father.

“Rohit had rushed to the terrace but soon realised that his father were left behind. He returned to his flat to fetch his father, but may now not to find him. By that point, the flames had unfold to the top flooring and he suffered burns,” Mishra stated.

The fireplace department stated they gained an alert round 12.15am. Three fireplace tenders were rushed to the spot.

“The residents, excluding for the father-son duo, had all escaped unharmed by the point our fireplace tenders reached the building. Around four to five flats on the floor and first flooring were damaged,” leader fireplace officer Sunil Kumar Singh stated.

Electricity department officials stated the hearth had started most likely as a result of faults within the building’s worn-out wires.


“The primary electricity panel of the building were sealed inside a metal box and locked during a power undertaken in 700 houses in Loni lately. The panel box used to be found intact with its lock. Though the building has 24 flats, there's no company to look after its upkeep. Several wires near the electricity panel have been joined and repaired via residents themselves. Since room heaters are used during wintry weather, the outdated wires will have caught fireplace as a result of the higher load,” discom government engineer PK Goyal stated.


No case were registered until overdue Sunday night time.


“An post-mortem used to be performed and its record is awaited. Suffocation is the probable cause of his demise. The victim’s son has suffered round 40% burns,” stated Sanjay Verma, the SHO of Loni police station.


Gzb: Man, 55, dies in fire, narrow escape for 40 Gzb: Man, 55, dies in fire, narrow escape for 40 Reviewed by kailash soni on January 14, 2019 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.