Family cries foul after youth dies in ‘police custody’

ROURKELA: A youth allegedly died in custody at Rajgangpur police station on Wednesday evening. Though police said he was found putting from the ceiling of the toilet, his members of the family alleged that he was first assaulted brutally by means of the villagers who handed him over to police on Saturday and then crushed to demise by means of the cops four days later.

Two individuals, known as Rabindra Lakra and Naveen Lakra, who had allegedly thrashed Jay Kumar Lakra after catching him at a village marketplace, had been arrested by means of Kutra police following a complaint made by means of the daddy of the deceased.

“I’m shocked that the police officials had detained him for four days, instead of forwarding him to court,” Budhram Lakra, father of Jay, said. He alleged, “Police have crushed him to demise and are now cooking up a suicide tale.” Budhram also wondered the goal of Rajgangpur police, announcing that they come underneath the jurisdiction of Kutra police station of the district.

Sources said Jay (30), a local of Laikakacha village underneath Kutra police station, had opened a public carrier centre of State Bank of India at Tunmara village about 3 years ago. He had reportedly been opening Jan Dhan accounts of locals underneath a central scheme and taking small deposits from them on behalf of the financial institution. Later, probably the most depositors had found that Jay had now not deposited their cash in the financial institution. When the villagers had demanded their a refund, Jay had reportedly fled from the village. Though he had been absconding for the last 3 years, he was spotted at Sonakhan weekly marketplace here last Saturday by means of the locals, following which they'd caught him and handed him over to police.

Significantly, each Rabindra and Naveen had given their cash to Jay for depositing it in the financial institution 3 years ago.

Tension gripped Rajgagnpur clinic when the body of Jay was taken there for postmortem. In view of the location, as many as 20 platoons of police power had been deployed. Jay’s members of the family said police knowledgeable them that he had committed suicide after locking himself up in the toilet of the police station on Wednesday evening. His circle of relatives quoted police as announcing that Jay had used his monitor pants to hold himself.

DIG (western vary) Kavita Jalan said, “A correct inquiry will be performed as in line with the protocol of human rights commission into the alleged custody demise case.” The situation remained aggravating in Rajgangpur as masses of locals from the deceased’s local village reached the spot and opposed the police try to habits a postmortem of the body. It was, then again, carried out in the afternoon.

Family cries foul after youth dies in ‘police custody’ Family cries foul after youth dies in ‘police custody’ Reviewed by Kailash on December 07, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.