Rafale row: Hollande's statement, Rahul's tweet 'orchestrated', says Jaitley

NEW DELHI: Questioning the timing of the statement by means of former French President Francois Hollande that got here days after Congress president Rahul Gandhi's August 30 tweet caution of "some big bunker buster bombs in the next couple of weeks" over the Rafale deal, finance minister Arun Jaitley on Sunday alleged that it was no longer a mere accident that the opposition leaders of the 2 countries had been speaking in a single voice.

Jaitley, in an interview with ANI, indicated that there could be a linkage between Rahul Gandhi's charges at the NDA government and Hollande's statement on Rafale deal.

Connecting the September 21 statement made by means of former French President Hollande on Rafale wherein he stated the French side was requested by means of the Indian government to move with Reliance as an Offset partner, and a tweet by means of Rahul Gandhi on August 30 caution of drawing close news "in the next couple of weeks", Jaitley stated that the 2 statements could have been `orchestrated' as they are in absolute best rhythm with each and every different.


"I think he (Rahul Gandhi) is in some kind of a revenge mode. I won't be surprised if the whole thing is being orchestrated. On August 30, why did he (Rahul) tweet "Just look forward to a while, some bombs are going to be burst in Paris"? And then what happens is in perfect rhythm with what he predicted," Jaitley stated.


Days later, Francois Hollande told French Journal Mediapart in an interview that the French side had no function in deciding the Offset partner for Dassault and the identify of Reliance was given by means of the Indian side. Hollande made this statement whilst defending himself and his partner Julie Gayet over alleged investment by means of Reliance of the latter's film.


However, soon after his statement to Mediapart, Hollande again tracked and went on to inform French agency AFP in Canada that he was unaware whether or not India had put drive on Dassault to paintings with Reliance adding that"only Dassault can comment on this".


Rejecting the allegations of a scam within the Rafale fighter aircraft deal, Jaitely stated that whether or not the planes are purchased at a better charge or no longer is an issue for the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) to examine. He asserted, regardless of the allegations, the Rafale deal is probably not cancelled.


"The Rafale deal is clean and there is no question of cancelling it," Jaitley stated.
Rafale row: Hollande's statement, Rahul's tweet 'orchestrated', says Jaitley Rafale row: Hollande's statement, Rahul's tweet 'orchestrated', says Jaitley Reviewed by kailash soni on September 23, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.