Tajikistan refutes IS claim of 'terror attack' that killed 4 tourists

DUSHANBE (TAJIKISTAN): Authoritarian Tajikistan has referred to as for the first time an incident that left four overseas cyclists lifeless in the Central Asian nation a "terror attack" whilst showing to refute the Islamic State crew's declare of duty.
In a commentary printed past due on Friday the ex-Soviet nation's state prosecutor said the attack to begin with reported as a hit-and-run road accident was aimed toward "creating an atmosphere of fear and panic in society and undermining the international authority of the Republic of Tajikistan".

"The attack on the foreign tourists was a terrorist act," the commentary said of the assault through an armed gang on a gaggle of seven overseas cyclists Sunday which left two Americans, one Swiss and one Dutch national lifeless.

On Tuesday IS released a video appearing what it said was a pledge of allegiance through the five men accused of murdering the tourists visiting the impoverished ex-Soviet nation.

In a first respectable point out of the video Friday, however, the rustic's state prosecutor said the clip had been released "with the aim of deflecting suspicions from another terrorist organisation, the Islamic Renaissance Party, which is the main commissioner of this terrorist act".

A previous police document pinning duty for the attack on the Islamic Renaissance Party (IRPT) — which styled itself as a average, faith-based opposition celebration until it was outlawed through Tajikistan in 2015 -- has generated scepticism out of doors the republic.

The government started a long crackdown on the opposition in 2015 simply sooner than the IRPT didn't make parliament in a vote broadly seen as strewn with violations.

Tajik police also alleged that a detained suspect seen as some of the leaders of the attack on the tourists "underwent training" in Iran, a country with whom Tajikistan these days has deficient family members.

Both Iran and IRPT have denied any hyperlinks to the attack.

The video released through IS Tuesday presentations five men, who resemble footage of the suspects put out through Tajik police, sitting through a tree in entrance of a jihadist flag.

The clip presentations them swearing allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the crowd's leader.

Four of the lads were killed resisting arrest, in line with Tajik police whilst a 5th is in police custody.


The sufferers were killed through being struck through a automobile and attacked with knives and weapons as they cycled along a road off the Pamir Highway — a well-liked vacationer direction with spectacular perspectives.


They had been named as Lauren Geoghegan and Jay Austin of the United States, Dutch citizen Rene Wokke and Swiss citizen Markus Hummel.


One Dutch and one Swiss citizen survived the attack whilst a French cyclist escaped unscathed.


Tajikistan refutes IS claim of 'terror attack' that killed 4 tourists Tajikistan refutes IS claim of 'terror attack' that killed 4 tourists Reviewed by kailash soni on August 04, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.