Lineman electrocuted, 3 more in hospital

GHAZIABAD: A 27-year-old lineman died allegedly because of electrocution whilst rectifying fault at a transformer close to Yashoda Hospital in Gandhi Nagar early on Monday morning.
Three different linemen additionally suffered a severe electric shock in three separate incidents and had been admitted to hospitals.

According to a complaint filed by means of the Paschimanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited (PVVNL) at Sihani Gate police station, the lineman fell to the bottom as soon as he climbed the pole where the transformer was positioned. The electrical fault was led to by means of the dust hurricane on Sunday evening.

The deceased has been identified as Babu Ram, a resident of Baghpat. The electrical energy division handed over a cheque of Rs 5 lakh to the family of the deceased as reimbursement. A departmental inquiry has been marked into the incident.


Ashish Kumar, zonal president, Vidyut Samvida Majdoor Sangh, said, “Following the dust hurricane, faults had developed in Gandhi Nagar. Around 3:30am, Babu Ram went to the spot and as he was mountaineering the pole electrical energy flowed into the switch.


The transformer caught hearth and Ram fell to the bottom and suffered serious injuries. He was instantly taken to the private hospital positioned nearby where he succumbed to his injuries. The source of electrical energy flowing into the transformer is yet no longer transparent.


DK Jain, PVVNL executive engineer, said, “The exact cause of dying might be identified after the autopsy document. An inquiry has been initiated. The native police have additionally been informed in regards to the incident.” Babu Ram had were given engaged in April final month and was about to get married in two months. The three linemen who suffered electric shock are Mukesh Tyagi (Navyug Market), Raghvendra (Meerut Road) and Kadir (Shastri Nagar).


Lineman electrocuted, 3 more in hospital Lineman electrocuted, 3 more in hospital Reviewed by kailash soni on May 15, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.