Bengaluru: Two-year-old swallows balloon, dies

BENGALURU: A two-year-old boy died after swallowing a balloon he was once enjoying with close to his home at Chikkakammanahalli, close to Hulimavu, southeast Bengaluru on Monday. The kid, Nawaz Siddiq, was once the fourth kid of Abubakar Siddiq, a tinkering and portray labourer, and Reshma.
Police mentioned Nawaz has stepped out of the home at around 7.30am to play with other kids within the area. He returned at nine.30am and Reshma spotted he had problems respiring. She right away took the child to a close-by medical institution and the doctor there recommended she take him to a child specialist. Eventually she went to Apollo Hospital on Bannerghatta Road about 5km away, but the kid was once pronounced dead at 11.40am, 45 minutes after she reached the medical institution.

When contacted, medical doctors at Apollo medical institution mentioned Reshma had taken her kid to two other medical doctors before she arrived at Apollo. There, they performed a laryngoscopy to take a more in-depth take a look at the larynx and throat. Using forceps, a work of the balloon got rid of from the airway.


“When we asked the circle of relatives, we were advised that the boy was once munching nippattu (rice crackers),” medical doctors mentioned. “But the boy’s condition recommended another way. His face, fingers, tongue and palms had turned blue, suggestive of a foreign frame obstruction. We conducted an X-ray and ECG. There were clots within the heart, the airway was once blocked and a work of the balloon had entered his lungs.”


The medical institution claimed the circle of relatives had only later advised them the boy was once gifted a balloon and it burst while he was once enjoying with it.


Speaking to TOI, Dr A N Ventakesh, head of emergency medication, Apollo hospitals, mentioned “If older kids ingest one thing like a balloon, it enters the stomach and passes out during the movement. In babies, the airway is narrower and it will get stuck inflicting a life-threatening condition. He suffered from hypoxia (oxygen deficiency). It is a very rare case. He could have survived had he been handled right away.”


Bengaluru: Two-year-old swallows balloon, dies Bengaluru: Two-year-old swallows balloon, dies Reviewed by kailash soni on April 17, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.